Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Lake people

A few updates.
Kate will be THREE in September!? 
Kate- I don't even know where to start with this girl! She is WILD and happy and hyper and so loving. What touches me the most is her gratitude. She is always thanking me for playing with her or cooking for her or reading to her. It melts my heart to hear "sank yew" for any little thing. I love her constant hugs and giggles. Today she asked- mommy can I annoy you? Haha! Then she started waving a pom pom around in my face. This girl loves to have fun and is just entering the magical world of make believe. She casts spells and regularly plays with monsters and dragons. Her mind is a steel trap and so I have to watch what I say and explanations I give because she keeps them in that little vault. She knows quite a few teasing tricks that Daddy will have to un-teach her before she goes to school. She can ride a bike (w training wheels!) and swim (w a life jacket!) and loves to swing. She could swing for an hour if Jack and I would let her. She is quite in love with Jack, which is a huge relief to me. Because we are keeping him. 




Jackie boy is almost 6 months old. I know he's growing up fast but friends I have felt every single day of that 6 months. ;) He's a tender little soul. He seems so laid back and happy compared to my spirited Katie bug. I love his sweet smiles and how he always wants to hold my hand. He loves to hang out with me at night and party through the wee hours of the morning. I keep hoping he will sleep through the night! Someday. Over the rainbow. 

Our summer plans are pretty awesome. In a month we are moving into a friend's garage and being gypsies for awhile! We get to go to the infamous Ft. George (many pictures will to come.) Then to Utah for a week (too short, I will eat Costa Vida EVERY DAY) and then on to Colorado to crash at my parent's house for a month. We just wanted to be there to get the results of all my dad's hard gardening work! And to love on Yaya and Gpa. Poor Zach has to drive cross country again *CRINGE* and I thank him 1000x over for not making the kids and I drive too. Thank you Wright brothers from all of us mothers of young children. 

At the end of September we are going to call Salem, SC home sweet home. My Father in Law's Fred has a Lakehouse there and while he serves a mission for our church in San Antonio, Texas we get to enjoy it. 

Though I am excited for a new adventure, Kennesaw has already felt like home. We will really miss our friends here. Not to mention my family! For the first time in my 29 years, I live 30 minutes away from family! I have a cousin and his wife in my very apartment complex and My grandparents and 4 out of 5 uncles within an hour! That means a lot of cousins to miss. And I'm going to miss this wonderful place. But hey if I never left every place I thought I'd miss I'd still be in Boulder. Bring it on Salem. 

Grandma Wilkin with Jack
Uncle Chris, Grandma & Grandpa Wilkin with Jack

Lake Keowee in Salem, South Carolina.
That will be our dock on the right. 

The Backyard

The Lakehouse


My favorite dog in the world, Mack

THE DONUTS. 
 Sold 35 minutes away (nearest grocery store...gasp) but worth the drive. I think Kate will be frequently bribed with these. And Jack if his teeth EVER come through. 
A waterfall about 15 min away
Zach towing Princess Kate and her 2 loyal subjects
(the dogs)
A little walk. Little Kate.

So y'all have to come visit and stay with us. 

After that? As much as our plans change WHO THE HECK KNOWS! But we will probably move back to Kennesaw to keep working. Of course by then we will then be loaded (with sand from the lake) and will move to Tahiti. 







1 comment:

  1. I saw that picture of Jack and it immediately slayed me. I love that little boy! and Kate too!

    And I think you're posting pictures of the lakehouse just to tempt me. That's not fair.

    ReplyDelete