Thursday, December 4, 2014

Sunrises and Elenor Roosevelt

This morning I woke up with Jack and we both felt like- I don't really want to be awake yet but I can't sleep anymore. So we played with legos and laundry baskets until the best part of my day happens- sunrise. I can see it from my bedroom window, but the view from the dock is ideal. Each one is different and I love that symbolism. My sister has a quote in her room that has stuck with me each morning I get to see the sun come up. It is from Elenor Roosevelt.



“With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” 








Mrs. Roosevelt must have faced a lot of demons in her life because she sure knows a lot about fear. I suggest scrolling slowly and taking a deep breath as you read this. Life is fast in December. Let this be your slow moment. 




“Life is what you make it. Always has been, always will be.” 







“Happiness is not a goal...it's a by-product of a life well lived.” 






“Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art. ” 






“A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water.” 






“Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.” 






“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” 



That cloud...


“It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.” 








“No matter how plain a woman may be, if truth and honesty are written across her face, she will be beautiful.” 



I hope everyone has a great day. 
21 days until Christmas!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment